Eleven Skin is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers. Here is an elaboration of the nature of information we gather about you, how we use that information, and your rights pertaining to the policies.
What is the nature of personal data we gather about you?
What gets embedded into our database is the personal data that is either sent to us directly or by using this site. This information may contain:
- Data provided to us when you visit our website (such as: your name, contact details, gender, product reviews - if any, and any other information which you may add to your account profile);
- Transaction details and billing-related information, if you make any purchases from us using our website (credit/debit card details and delivery information);
- The existing record of any interactions you may have had with us (such as: you may have contacted our customer service team, or connected with us on social media);
- The interactions you may have had with us (such as: you may have contacted our customer service team, or connected with us on social media);
- Information provided in case you have entered a competition or have taken part in a survey;
- Information collected automatically, through cookies and other tracking technologies (like the pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in any of our email updates).
We may also collect other necessary information such as accessing your location after obtaining your consent. Further, if you shop in one of our stores, we may combine information you provide us and make you a part of our mailing list.
How do we use this personal data?
Depending upon your interactions with us on the website, and the permissions we receive from you, the purpose for which we use your personal data comprises:
- To complete your order and maintain your online account.
- To manage and respond to queries and complaints from our customer service team that you may have registered with.
- To personalize the website in a way that displays customized content based on your account information, your purchase history and your browsing activity.
- To improve and maintain the website, and monitor its usage.
For example, for the purpose of market research, we may contact you for your feedback about our products and services.
- To send you promotional marketing messages and exhibit targeted advertising, wherever we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For security reasons, to examine fraud, protect ourselves and third parties, wherever necessary.
- To comply with legal standards and regulatory responsibilities.
Under the data protection law, we rely on the following legal protocols to process your personal data -
Since the data processing is necessary to partake a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (for example, where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and complete your order).
We gain your consent (for example - where you contact us with a query, where you add additional information to your account profile, or if you agree to receive promotional messages from us).
As an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services, it is in our legitimate interest to seek and learn more about our customers so as to offer you the best products, services and customer experience. We employ the information to customize your view of the website, to make it more interesting.
Our site may allow you the option of adding extra information to your account profile. This could include: information about your body type, skin type, hair type, hair condition, training regime, performance goals, height and weight. We treat this information with special care and sensitivity, as we understand it can reveal information about your health, ethnicity, etc. You do not have to necessarily provide this information, and you have the option to delete it or update it whenever you like.
We love to stay in touch with our customers and so, depending on your marketing preferences, we may use your personal data to send you marketing messages by email, phone or post. Some of these messages are customized based on your previous browsing or shopping activity, and any other information we hold about you.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us (or would like to opt back in), you may change your preferences at any time by contacting us, by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe' link provide in any of our emails, or updating your settings in your account. If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note we may still contact you with service messages from time to time (such as the order and delivery confirmations, and information about your legal rights).
You may also come across our website on the third party websites, including on social media. These ads may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, so as to enable us to serve advertisements to customers who have visited our site).
Where you see an advertisement on social media may be because we have engaged the social network to display advertisements to our customers, or users who match the demographic profile of our customers. In few cases, this may require sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored advertisements, you have the option to change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and the third party websites.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We share customers’ personal data with third parties only under the following circumstances:
- With other companies in our group of companies, when necessary to operate the site.
- With our suppliers and service providers working for us, such as the payment processors and delivery partners.
- With our professional and legal advisors.
- With third parties that are engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- With law enforcement or other governmental authorities, to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
- In an event when we sell off any business assets, we may disclose the personal data of our customers to a potential buyer.
Storage and Retention:
We use service providers based around the world. Accordingly, your personal data may be processed in countries outside of Europe. This may include countries where you may have fewer legal rights in respect to your data than you do under local law.
If we transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate safeguards, in particular the EU’s standard contractual clauses. Please contact us if you would like more information about these safeguards.
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the aforementioned purposes, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, in a situation when you have made a purchase from us, we will keep a record of your purchase for a certain time period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
Further, when we no longer have a need to keep your information, we delete it.
Please note that when you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
This website ensures that data is encrypted when leaving the website. This method involves the converting of information or data into a code to prevent unauthorized access. This website follows the same process and makes use of secure methods to ensure the protection of all credit and debit card transactions. Encryption methods such as SSL are utilized to protect customer data when in transit to and from our site over a secure communications channel.
Our site is not intended for, and should not be used by, minors under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 18.
You have certain rights regarding your personal data, including the right to access, portability, and requesting the removal of your personal data.
You may also have the right to object to your personal data being used for certain purposes, including to send you marketing mails. See ‘Marketing’ above, for more details of how to opt-out of marketing emails.
We will comply with any requests you have in order to exercise your rights in accordance with the law that is applicable. However, there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances when we are not able to comply with your request. To make any requests regarding your personal data, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal data, you should contact us using the details below. You are also entitled to contact your local supervisory authority for data protection.
EXCHANGE & RETURN POLICY
We are happy to exchange any merchandise that is defective, unused or damaged. If you need to exchange your product, or return it entirely, please review the information below.
Thank you for choosing Eleven Skin.
Did not find the right product?
• We accept exchanges on items purchased from elevenskin.com only up to 30 days after the original date of purchase.
• Enclose the product(s) you wish to exchange along with the invoice received. Write the instructions on the invoice about the item(s) that need to be exchanged.
• Should there be a difference in cost with the exchange, our customer service representatives will reach out to you with further information.
• The costs of return shipping and handling charges will be borne by you and will not be refunded.
• Ship your exchange to us via a pre-paid package.
Please contact customer service with any questions by email at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Empty containers shall not be accepted for an exchange.
DAMAGED PRODUCTS POLICY
Should you receive an item that is damaged or broken, you may reach out to our customer service executive within 30 days for a replacement. Items will not be replaced after 30 days.
For questions regarding a particular product, read the product description for a more detailed return policy.